Parental Relocation

Morristown Parent Relocation Lawyers

If you are thinking about moving out of the state of New Jersey with your child, or you have been advised that your former spouse intends to move out of New Jersey with your child, you need to know your legal rights. At Fiorello, Puccio & Fiorello we are experienced in representing clients in such matters. In order to move out of the state of New Jersey with your child, you must either have consent from the other parent, or the permission of a Court. If you move without a Court Order permitting you to do so, or without the consent of the other parent, you may face severe sanctions (including, possibly losing custody).

The law firm of Fiorello, Puccio & Fiorello is experienced in handling cases where clients are requesting to move and opposing relocation.

The Courts must consider several factors in deciding relocation matters. Some of those factors include: the reason for the move (if it is made in good faith); the effect that such a move will have on the relationship with the other parent; and whether such a move will be harmful to the best interest of the child.

Contact our Passaic County law firm to schedule an appointment today.