Wayne Domestic Violence Attorney
Domestic violence is a serious issue that can deeply affect a family on multiple levels. It’s something that is taken very seriously by both criminal and family law courts in New Jersey. If someone is found to have committed domestic violence, there are severe consequences that can deeply impact parental rights, including custody and visitation.
While many people think of domestic violence as assault, in actuality, stalking, threats, harassment, destruction of property sexual abuse and other prohibited activities all constitute examples of domestic violence. If you or a family member is a victim of or is charged with domestic violence, it’s critical to reach out to a Wayne domestic violence lawyer to protect your rights and adequately prepare your case.
Passaic County Domestic Abuse Lawyers
For more than 50 years we at Puccio & Fiorello LLC, have been dealing with domestic violence cases, and we are committed to helping victims obtain restraining orders. We have a comprehensive understanding of:
- Temporary and final restraining orders (also known as orders for protection)
- Contempt actions when someone has violated a restraining order
- Removal of perpetrators from marital residences
- Trials leading to loss of visitation, parenting time and custody
Under New Jersey law, where children are involved, if one parent is deemed the perpetrator and the other the victim, the perpetrator may be restrained from having visitation or contact with the children. When we represent our clients, we do everything we can to comprehensively understand the case and ensure that children and custody rights are protected. We can also petition the court to award payment of attorney’s fees.
Domestic Abuse Defense
When divorce and family law conflicts become heated, it is unfortunately not rare for false accusations of domestic violence to be made in an attempt to gain an advantage in divorce proceedings or to hurt the other party. If you have been accused of domestic violence, we can bring our comprehensive experience to help you with issues of:
- Hearings about making temporary restraining orders permanent
- Criminal contempt hearings for those charged with restraining order violations
- Restraining order dissolution hearings
- Appeals of domestic violence orders
- Forfeiture hearings for seized weapons and other property